Pathways is National Geographic Learning’s new academic series that helps learners develop the language skills they need to achieve academic success. The series features reading & writing and listening & speaking strands, and develops learners’ academic literacy skills through National Geographic content, images and video. This innovative series provides learners with a pathway to success!
- National Geographic articles, video, maps, and graphs engage students with academic content in a variety of genres and formats.
- Clear connections between reading and writing skills help students become more effective readers and writers.
- Academic reading skills and strategies, embedded in the unit tasks, prepare students to comprehend a variety of realistic academic texts.
- Step-by-step writing instruction, with integrated grammar and vocabulary, provides practice of a variety of rhetorical forms modeled on the academic classroom.
- Integrated critical thinking tasks develop learners’ ability to evaluate, analyze, and synthesize information from a wide range of sources.
Take Guided Tour