Hopscotch is a six-level, gently-paced primary series with a communicative focus and a gradual progression that helps primary-age pupils learn English whilst discovering the world around them.
The use of texts, stories and National Geographic photographs draws on pupils’ innate curiosity and fascination with nature, the environment and different cultures to encourage naturally their desire to speak and communicate in English.
- Fascinating photographs showcase the real magic of the world and engage pupils’ attention.
- Introduces communicative skills in Levels 1-3 before tackling reading and writing skills in Levels 4-6.
- Wonderful World and Explorers’ Club lessons open a window on different global cultures and introduce a fun class project to involve all pupils.
- DVD Club lessons deliver language input and support young pupils through carefully selected video material.
- I Can! sections based on CEFR in Levels 1-3 develop pupils’ self-assessment skills and highlight their progress.
- Play with Sounds sections in Levels 4-6 address phonetics and its challenges.
- Picture stories introduce natural language and vocabulary through simple and accessible storylines.
- Review sections recycle and revise language to ensure pupils consolidate what they have learned.
- Full-colour Activity Book develops coordination and motor skills with drawing, crafts, and stickers in Levels 1-3 and provides review and extension activities, Grammar Guides and word lists in Levels 4-6.
- Special online sections give guidance and support for teaching pupils with specific learning needs.