Now You’re Talking! is a three-level strategies-based conversation series designed to help learners develop natural spoken English skills through a wide range of contexts and topics. Guided listening and speaking activities prepare students for the types of real-life conversations they encounter in their daily lives.
- Communicative strategies are explicitly introduced at the beginning of each chapter, focusing learners on the conversational goals of the unit.
- Professional Context sections introduce learners to the challenges of using English in business and academic environments.
- Language Focus sections offer instruction in the unique attributes of the English language, including grammar and vocabulary.
- Cultural Connections sections give students the opportunity to reflect on the cultural aspects of chapter topics.
- Guided listening comprehension activities serve as models for learners, preparing them for more complex improvised conversations in every chapter.